Church Lane, Pannal, Harrogate

£1,250,000
  • Type: House
  • Availability: For Sale
  • Bedrooms: 6
  • Bathrooms: 4
  • Reception Rooms: 2
  • Make Enquiry
  • Floorplan
  • View Brochure
  • Mortgage Calculator
  • Calculate Stamp Duty

Property Features

  • Six bedroom family home
  • Sought after village location
  • Enviable elevated position
  • Steeped in local history
  • Garage and gardens

Property Summary

An exceptionally rare opportunity to purchase this stone-built family home, steeped in local history and offering magnificent accommodation with a wealth of character and original features.

The property is situated in a small, set back cluster of residential homes in an enviable, elevated position, with far reaching views from both reception rooms and the garden. It is within easy reach of Pannal primary school, Pannal rail link for commuting to Leeds, York and Harrogate, and Harrogate town centre itself.

The property has been well maintained, including replacement double-glazed sash windows throughout. It offers fabulous scope to update the accommodation to your family’s needs and truly requires an internal inspection to appreciate its vast potential.

The accommodation comprises: a large entrance hall with solid oak flooring and fabulous staircase, magnificent drawing room with fireplace, a large bay window to the garden and a door leading to the conservatory. One area of the drawing room can be used as a separate snug. The ground floor also provides a large, formal dining room with bay window to the garden which connects with the breakfast kitchen with pantry. The rear hallway has a door to the courtyard, and a ground floor cloakroom and utility room.

On the first floor is a large galleried landing, the bedroom one with en suite shower room, three further double bedrooms, a house bathroom and separate shower room. A staircase leads to the second-floor accommodation consisting of a bedroom with en-suite shower room, a storeroom, and a magnificent further bedroom, which offers scope for multiple uses. It features fitted office furniture and bookcases.

Full Details

A six bedroom family home

GROUND FLOOR

Entrance Hall 5.11m x 1.83m

Drawing Room 5.56m x 4.80m

Snug 4.04m x 2.90m

Conservatory 3.51m x 3.25m

Dining Room 5.99m x 4.88m

Kitchen 4.67m x 4.19m

Rear Hallway

Utility Room 2.90m x 2.36m

Pantry

Cloakroom with wc

FIRST FLOOR

Bedroom One 4.95m x 4.88m

En-suite 2.36m x 1.88m

Bedroom Two 4.88m x 4.17m

Bedroom Three 4.78m x 4.50m

Bedroom Four 3.76m x 3.61m

Bathroom 3.48m x 2.87m

Shower Room 2.34m x 1.04m

SECOND FLOOR

Bedroom Five 6.65m x 6.25m

Bedroom Six 4.11m x 4.06m

En-suite Shower Room 2.36m x 1.83m

Box Room 3.99m x 2.06m

OUTSIDE
The property is approached via a private driveway leading to a courtyard with communal central garden. There are two garages, the larger one boasts high ceilings and a large feature window:

Garage One19’4” x 12’7”

Garage Two15’2” x 8’7”


The property has an enclosed lawned garden with fabulous views over the Crimple Valley, flowering borders and a central pathway with white picket gate and low, dry stone boundary wall. To the side of the property is a flagged patio area and further garden and through the gate a further small garden.

DIRECTIONS - HG3 1NH
From Harrogate take the Leeds Road (A61). At the Pannal traffic lights turn right and follow Station Road into Main Street. Turn right into Church Lane where All Saints Court is a turning on the right hand side.

HISTORY OF ALL SAINTS COURT
In early times All Saints Court bore the name Wescoe Hall and was owned by a yeoman family called Wescoe whose name occurs in the parish register from 1599 to 1735.

Afterwards the estate was held by the family of Crosby, from Spofforth and following the death of the last William Crosby the estate was divided and sold to different parties.

The hall became the property of Edwin Casson after whose demise, in 1863, it was purchased by Thomas Watson who ran it as a boys school called Pannal House, until 1910.

It then became a training college for children’s nannies run by Miss Harrison and Miss Hodgson. It was named by the locals ‘White Ladies’, but its proper title was All Saints Nursery College. It carried on under that name until 1947 when it was sold for private housing.